Hobby Streak – Road to 800 Days
All aboard the Hobby Streak train, into and past day 800!
And so, another Hobby Streak of 100 days is completed; this one took me from January 29th to May 9th.
Never miss an article? Subscribe!
800 Days on a Hobby Streak
My goals were…
- 6 Field Ordnance Batteries which are well on their way – Done
- A Rogal Dorn Tank – Started
- New Creed – Done
Not perfect, but I did get 6 Field Ordnance Batteries done, which was unexpected. I got sidetracked by new models this month…
Completed Models During the Last 100 Days
- 6 Field Ordnance Batteries
- Lord Solar
- Cadian Castellan
- Ursula Creed – by The Unrelenting Brush
- 3 Commissars
- Aegis Defence Line
- Void Shield Generator
There are 14 models, including Creed, painted by The Unrelenting Brush and the base I completed.
A total of 1,000~ points is a pretty decent showing and something to spice up my lists in the near future.
My Other Hobby Streaks
This month I also set about fixing broken models I knew I had. These are models that had been damaged during play/poor storage;
- Straightened the bent hammer of Inquisitor Coteaz because, you know, Finecast.
- I painted all Assassin bases to Steel Legion Drab, from black to match all my other bases.
- Reattached Inquisitor Draxus’ little dragon – Shang.
- My Callidus Assassin’s blade had snapped, so I used the spare Power Sword from the new Commissar model to fix that.
- Reattached the Trojan’s hatch and crane.
What Is Next?
- My new Rogal Dorns!
- Inquisitor Greyfax – she might be invalid or have no rules in 10th Edition 40K, so I will do her now before that happens, and any motivation for painting her is lost.
- Sly Marbo, same reason as Greyfax.
- A test model or two for a whole new game system for me… a Games Workshop game system. The more observant readers can work this out from this article…
A Look Back
Because of doing the Void Shield Generator, I looked back at a battle I had in 2017 when I first built it. Look at how far I have come!
A log of all progress during this Hobby Streak…