Iron Warriors Tactical Marines Completed
First squad done!
My first ten Iron Warriors Tactical Marines, are done! There are many more to come, at least 50 I should think. Next on the list for my 30K Iron Warriors are 2x Contemptor Dreadnoughts.
Never miss an article? Subscribe!
Updated Iron Warriors Tactical Marines Methods
I have documented the entire process in my First Iron Warrior Completed article. I have updated that article slightly to include some new methods used on these models. Mainly for my own sanity when I return to doing more Iron Warriors.
- Blending from wet Fenrisian Grey to wet Dark Reaper and then into wet Abaddon Black on the shoulders.
- Agrax Earthashade was used as a wash over the stripe. I then used a damp brush to pull the wash back towards the edges, leaving a bright yellow in the middle.
- It is probably not worth using putty on the bullet holes, on these small models.
I have used this method before, on a Necron I think. And that went OK.
I revisted the technique again using Vallejo Fluorescent Green and Vallejo White.
- I first applied several thin layers of the green, building it up where it looked right – effectivly glazing.
- This was scary, doing it on a basically completed model.
- Once it looked OK I edge highlighted the shoulder in white and did some spots of white on the armour.
- I then glazed over this white with green and applied the green neat at the very edges to give it the brightness.
- I then glazed green on the furthest away edges from the plasma pistol, like the left shoulder’s Iron Warriors skull, just below the skull and under his bicep.
- That last step I think completed it, that slight, fate hint just made it worked.
- Then I stopped before I went too far
The actual plasma pistol was done using;
- Firstly it was based in white.
- Green glaze all over the white and nearly the whole pistol.
- Let that dry.
- Glaze white back into the lowest points of the ridges.
Iron Warriors Tactical Marines – Completed Gallery
These were taken with my Samtian Lightbox.
Iron Warriors Tactical Marines – 360° Video
Iron Warriors Tactical Marines Basing
The basing got an article of its own, Iron Warriors Martian Bases. I was really happy with these, especially on the model with the pigments on his legs. This photo below does not do them justice at all. I give myself a 9/10 here.
Iron Warriors Tactical Marines – WIP Gallery
My first idea for basing was grey urban rubble, I could not make it work. So went for Martian.