Aegis Defence Line & Quad Gun Complete
I can now play Guard proper! I can hide!
I have had these Aegis Defence Line fortifications for years and years! Today it is finally done in a green to match my Cadians or my Catachans. Pictured is one Aegis Defence Line (which is a Quad gun, 4 small and 4 large sections) plus some extras. Hence why there is so much!
Never miss an article? Subscribe!
Aegis Defence Line Painting
I started out with these on this project and wanted to make them super simple and quick. I went for green to match my Cadians and decided to use a similar technique to that which I used on my Hades Breaching Drills.
All green with oils for washing and streaking – finished off with pigments around the base.
- Basecoat Chaos Black
- Then Army Painter Army Green – over the black, it is a light green, so using it over the black makes it a little darker
- Castellan Green was then used over the Army Green, but only on the edges, base area and recesses
- I now have my base layers complete in about 30 minutes, with the Chaos Black base, Army Green and patchy Castellan Green making for some interesting and subtle changes in the green
- I then moved on to a brown oil paint wash using Abteilung502 Oil Paints
- After that has dried, I used a hairdryer, do a more precise black oil paint wash
- Then I dry brushed with Loren Forest and did the rivets with a brown oil paint wash
- Once that was dry I did a light all over Ushabti Bone dry brush
- The double-headed eagles were done in Screaming Skull then Nuln Oil
- I then did the details on the backside as well as some streaks with oil paints again on the front side
- Finished off with Vallejo Pigments
These were taken with my Samtian Lightbox.