Valhallan / Snow Krieg
Here are my Valhallan Krieg guys completed using Reptilian Overlords, Puppets War and Anvil Industry heads. I really wanted the Krieg models for my collection but did not want to start a whole new regiment, much less one that is so expensive. So I decide to modify them slightly and run them as Valhallans alongside my existing Valhallan models.
Never miss an article? Subscribe!
The other models could be Conscripts or Infantry Squads, then these ones are Veterans? Who knows, it’s a nice problem to have – lots of painted infantry!
These were taken with my Samtian Lightbox.
The heads are a mix of Puppets War and Anvil Industry. Specifically;
I used the same technique as I did before, which is quickly recapped here;
- Prime in Mechanicus Grey from a spray can
- Airbrush with Ulthuan Grey for a lighter grey
- Apply Nuln Oil and Agrax Earthshade to the lower areas of the cloak and the creases
- Drybrush White Scar all over
- Highlight with Ulthuan Grey again
- Belts and bags Dryad Bark, Gorthor Brown highlight and then a final highlight of Baneblade Brown
- Boots and guns in black as well as other details in black and metallics
- Valhallan Blizzard for clumps of snow on boots, clothes and the ground
The bases I used Golden Crackle Paste on, over blue, as detailed here in my snow bases article.
I did paint the rim of the bases white this time though, which I think has really helped solidify their snow theme overall. I also went back and did the same white rim on all my others from a couple of years ago. What a slow slog that was! I will spray them white to start with in the future!
I also went back to my original models and added more snow to match these new models.
All the WIP pics a hobbyist could hope for as usual…