Introducing the Cadian Shock Library
I’ve had an idea, Introducing the Cadian Shock Library!
I’m managing to get through my 40K books pretty well at the moment. I’m not a fast reader at all but when you enjoy a book it really does go quickly.
I wanted to share the books I’ve read with people, their practically worthless on eBay (most of them) so selling them is just a pain. So why not give them away to a loving new home; in the form of Facebook fan, a Twitter follow, a Reddit user, a Forum commenter or a Blog reader?
Once a book has entered into the Cadian Shock Library it should remain there, once it’s been made free I’d like to think it’s always free, moving from one 40K fan to the another, with not even a BitCoin or Rupee changing hands as payment.
Here are my rules for this little venture of giving my used books away for free;
- I’ll send to the UK for free.
- I’ll send abroad but not for free, the receiver should cover the costs using PayPal.
- Once you’ve done with a book write your name in the front pages, plus any little story regarding how you came about getting the book.
- Once you’re done with a book and written in it give it away for free and the cycle continues. This is the whole point, to keep them moving all over the world?
- I’ll put a link to this page in the front pages of each book too so future owners know what’s going on.
- I’ll send to the first person that contacts me about each book using which ever method I deem to be most effective and fair.
- If I choose not to give a book away for free because it’s a hard back and cost be £50 don’t be annoyed.
- If I choose not to give a book away because I love it too much don’t be annoyed.
- Only one book per person ever.
- If you want to do the same with your books please do, but I’m not responsible for that process.
- If you can’t get along with all of the above press the X in the top corner of your browser. Bye bye.
I’ll post new books that are available as blog articles on this blog and publish links to those articles on Facebook and Twitter at the very least. I will also create a static page to list the books too. But the best way to stay tuned would be to subscribe to my blog.
Thats all for now folks, keep an eye to the Vox for the first book!