Astra Militarum Friends
Time to think about my next set of Astra Militarum friends...
I’m looking towards the next set of friends for my Astra Militarum army. My Astra Militarum Friends so far consist of;
- Custodians – painted by @dave_nyhilus
- Eisenhorn – painted by @dave_nyhilus
- 15 Vanguard Veterans – being painted by @redeaglestudio
- Shrike – painted by @resinjunkie
- 10 Raven Guard Scouts with 2 Land Speeder Storms – not painted
- Steel Legion – being painted by Endar
- Armigers – W.I.P
- Vindicare Assassin – completed
- The other 3 Assassins – not painted
- 2x Crusaders from eBay – completed
- 3x Stormcast Liberators which will be Crusaders – W.I.P
- Arco-Flagellant from eBay – completed
When I say I’m looking towards my next set of friends I’m thinking in 3+ months time. I want these friends to be Astra Militarum rather than some other faction of the Imperium.
Never miss an article? Subscribe!
Something for 2019 will be Sisters of Battle! How awesome to have them running alongside my Guardsmen?
At the moment it’s a toss-up between a squad of Catachan Hellhounds or getting started on some Militarum Tempestus units.
I have one Hellhound already and a squad of Scions. So it’s not like I have a head start on either option. But both options give me different benefits to call upon. Although there is some crossover.
The Hellhounds are most definitely anti-infantry for the most part with the Chem and Inferno variants. The Melta version gives you a 12″ range weapon capable of D6 Damage you can re-roll. That’s a lot better than the Scions range especially because when they Deep Strike they won’t be in Melta range.
So right now I am tending towards some Catachan Hellhounds for my new Astra Militarum friends, as their own Outrider Detachment. It’ll need an HQ choice, but I don’t think any of the Catachan specific HQs will benefit my Hellhounds or keep up with them to buff them. So a Lord Commissar or Primaris Pysker will suffice for the HQ slot.
After playing Death Guard a few weeks ago – the Chem Cannon is looking very attractive as it always wounds on a 2+ even those tough Plague Marines and Blightlord Terminators.
The single squad of Scions can be its own squad for now as it can be easily incorporated into my current force as it is. Without its own detachment.
What do you think? Are the Hellhounds a good choice?