40K Companion – A Warhammer 40K Phase-By-Phase Helper
Ever wanted a check list for your army before battle? Now its here, quick and simple.
For some time now I’ve been working on a new web-based tool for players of 40K. It’s based the fact that there are now masses of rules, and how I struggle with that – remembering everything including Guard. Orders, Warlord traits, formation rules, unit rules, weapon rules, pyskers, deployment rules, etc.
So, 40K Companion is born.
The initial idea for the tool came after my first 2,500 point game. I made a document to list what I should be remembering per turn and phase for my most rule heavy units. Without it I’d have certainly forgotten so much! The original document is here as a PDF. It’s fairly simple but it helped. Who else does this?
This list took a long time and was pretty boring – checking unit by unit, rule by rule, weapon by weapon – so I never made another.
A lightbulb moment happened:
What if you could automatically generate a phase-by-phase check list for your list?
Well. Now you can!
There are images scattered throughout the article that show its output from a real BattleScribe list for the Astra Militarum. The output is not curated / created – it is generated from a BattleScribe list in a minute or two. There is also a link to a full page taken from 40K Companion at the bottom of this article.
40K Companion Features
At the time of writing the following features exist;
- Report. Create a phase-by-phase helper page/document from a BattleScribe list.
- Targets. Create a list of ‘target units’ for math hammering.
- Math Hammer. See how all the units in your list perform on average against your target units in the shooting phase.
- Images. Add images for your list units and target units to more easily identify each unit in a report.
- Email. Send in your lists via email straight from BattleScribe. Get email notifications when your lists finish processing.
The process at the moment goes like this and is really easy to get up and running;
- Make your list in BattleScribe as normal.
- Hit the export button, select HTML, email it the web site.
- The web site creates your account, creates a password, processes your list and emails you when it’s done.
- View the processed list on your phone or desktop. It even prints nicely too.
- Win a 40K game!
- Make more lists!
From then on just email your lists to the web site from the same email address and they’ll be added to your account.
When can I use this / How can I help?
I plan to make the alpha version available soon to a small amount of people to test the features. If you’d like to be among the first to use 40K Companion sign up here:
You can also help by emailing me your Battlescribe lists: trooper(at)cadianshock.com
Please also post comments with your suggestions, feedback and concerns! I’d love to hear from you!
Thats all for now folks on 40K Companion. But this is very much in a beta state at the moment and might be ready for real consumption by a few real people within a week for so. So please do let me know your thoughts, suggestions and concerns and I will keep coding away!